Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Studio Project: Framing


They started framing out the walls on Monday. The shot above was taken early Tuesday morning. On Monday not all the windows were going in according to the plans, so I had a chat with the builders. Good thing. Turned out that they were being put in a bit too high and would end up touching the ceiling in the wood shop. But the silver lining is that I moved them up uniformly a few inches, to accommodate any workbench against the North wall. All in all a good compromise. I have learned to keep an eye out for variations from the plans, as it is much less time consuming (and costly) to catch them at this point before the walls are up! So far our builder has been great.

Looking at the door to the wood shop. The door out the back is going to be over-sized.


You can actually see the window framing mistake if you look really hard (they had only done two of the five when I caught it). In the original plans the top of the windows line up with the tops of the doors.
Shot taken Wednesday noon time (today) showing the framing of the roof. When Cora goes to bed, I will take a picture of where they got to today. Cora is out on a walk with Dad, riding in his Father's day present -- a cool hiking pack. More pictures of that to be posted very soon!

No comments: