Cora and I went to the zoo with my friend Andrea who was visiting from Arizona. Cora was very excited to see some of the animals from her books. She identified a 'turtle', 'owl" 'sheee' (sheep) along with the other animals below. She signed horse for the zebras and called the bobcat 'bobby' today. I think she is overjoyed to be able to talk about her favorite animals.
"ga-oat!"In other developments, a few weeks ago 'mine', 'me' and 'I DO!!' crept into Cora's conversation along with 'I need' and the order to friends and parents to 'sit, eat'.
The most adorable development has been Cora's singing (which I still have not quite been able to capture on video. Cora is too interested in the camera to allow me to actually video her). It started over two months ago with "night-night baby" or night-night (wa-wa, mommy, daddy etc.) along with 'twinkle twinkle little star' mixed with the 'abc' song (they share parts of the same tune!). Twinkle-twinkle is mostly babble to the tune with a few intelligible words thrown in such as 'star', 'up above', 'hi' , 'like uh' which then sudden morphs into 'duble ooo, x, y, zee'. Recently she has been enthusiastically singing "E-I-E-I-O!!!!" Anyway, I need to figure out a way to record her babble songs before she learns the words!







No comments:
Post a Comment